The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 30 March, 2024, 01:30:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FIND US ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/groups/purviseureka/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To the Eureka Owners on the Forum  (Read 23532 times)
34hup
Forum Member only

« Reply #15 on: Monday, 22 February, 2010, 01:38:37 AM »

Yes, they were on the old forum. I have met them and the previous owner they purchased the vehicle from. I had all the guages from the dash from between ownership and gave the back to them. I can't for the life of me remember their names, they will come to me.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #16 on: Monday, 22 February, 2010, 08:06:45 AM »

Yes, they were on the old forum. I have met them and the previous owner they purchased the vehicle from. I had all the guages from the dash from between ownership and gave the back to them. I can't for the life of me remember their names, they will come to me.

I remember the owner of the one in Perth being on the old forum, but not the Kiwi with the black one.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Aiden
CLUB Member

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, 19 May, 2010, 06:20:18 AM »

i have a F4, white over black, picked it up last week from tassie and brought it back to adelaide, it needs a litle bit of work here and there but hopefully it won't take much more than six months to complete.

building a 'reek with a 2.1L efi vdub engine, if it's no good, i'm going rotary.
jateureka
Forum Member only

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, 02 June, 2010, 05:08:20 AM »

I have a red F4 kit first sold in 1996.  

I'm the third owner and it is still in the process of being built. I have all the original paperwork from when it was purchased (some docs refer to it as an XCL) and a lot of the small parts are still in the original packaging with prices.

I had photos and info up on the old nineMSN forum.

I was intending to join ECCA but now you have changed your name to PECCA I'm not sure I want to be part of a group who's acranym refers to male genitalia...  Shocked ... couldn't see myself wearing that Tshirt.
WYKED1
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, 02 June, 2010, 11:05:01 AM »

Jateureka

I would like to point out the club's name is Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia and not any shortened version of that name.
We can not control people who use the word pecca and it's reference
The club has not and will never have a shirt made with that word on it
I would like to offer you to please reconsider your thoughts of joining this great club and attend the National Meet in Coffs Harbour this year.
This site is open to all people members or not to post and we welcome feedback and also ask for any members to please put up your hand and become a committee member such as I and many others have done (its not for the money) but for the future of these cars and for the friendship I personally have found since joining this club and I have not regretted one moment of it.
So as I have said please reconsider your joining of this club and rest assured we are a family club who welcome everyone who cares about these cars.

regards
James McLean
President
Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia

p.s. if you would like to call me please do on 0403 179 269
jateureka
Forum Member only

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, 03 June, 2010, 12:06:24 AM »

Thanks for clarifying that for me.

NOwhere in the documentation supplied with my kit is it refered to as a Purvis Eureka.

I am dissapointed that the club changed its name as it seems to deminish the efforts made by later owners of the company, but I will probably still join the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia (PECCoA) anyway.  Wink

WYKED1
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, 03 June, 2010, 12:26:23 AM »

You are more than welcome to join and hope you come to Coffs Harbour
We are not under any circumstances belittling the owners of the marque in any way and would welcome
Colleen Long if she chose to join
if you check we currently have Paul Nelson the current owner of the marque as a member
thankyou for the chance to clear up the previous thoughts you may have had
regards
james
Mez
Treasurer
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, 03 June, 2010, 05:08:17 AM »

Hi fellas,

The reek on the website you posted Dave belongs to Allan who is from WA. His handle on MSN was Raceinvader if any of you remember.

His reek is coming along very nicely and is being wired up at the moment, I will try to get some photo's of it up on the photobucket site.

Just a point of clarification also on the Club's name change, Purvis Eureka refers to the make and model. Most of us have "Purvis Coupe" on our registration sticker, it doesn't even say Eureka anywhere  Huh?

The Lamborghini family ceased their ties to the car company of the same name in 1974 but as we know well, it's still called a Lamborghini and it in no way dishonours or diminishes the effort of the magnificent men & women who still design and make that beautiful car, just the same as our Purvis Eureka after Allan moved on.

I also like the acronym PECCoA as well, much more tasteful  Grin

P.S. I have a Sports sitting there gathering dust, a 2 year build thats taking more time that Simons..  Cry

Purvis Eureka: When whether it starts or not is secondary to how awesome it looks.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, 03 June, 2010, 08:19:21 AM »

Where you been Mez? Hiding under your 'reek?   Tongue

Actually mine says Volkswagen Coupe on it's rego sticker.   Cheesy

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, 03 June, 2010, 02:59:01 PM »

Hey I thought that was typo error

I think I like PECCOA

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
jateureka
Forum Member only

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, 03 June, 2010, 10:05:10 PM »

I have a red F4 kit first sold in December 1996.  

I'm the third owner and it is still in the process of being built. I have all the original paperwork from when it was purchased (some docs refer to it as an XCL) and a lot of the small parts are still in the original packaging with prices.

I had photos and info up on the old nineMSN forum.

I was intending to join ECCA but now you have changed your name to PECCA I'm not sure I want to be part of a group who's acranym refers to male genitalia...  Shocked ... couldn't see myself wearing that Tshirt.
Stuart
Forum Member only

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, 03 February, 2011, 03:17:01 PM »

The red Eureka in the Shoalhaven would be me. I'm a club member - we have plaques?

Stuart
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #27 on: Friday, 04 February, 2011, 07:57:02 AM »

The red Eureka in the Shoalhaven would be me. I'm a club member - we have plaques?

Stuart

We sure do!

Afro

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

WYKED1
« Reply #28 on: Friday, 04 February, 2011, 12:05:11 PM »

Stuart
How the heck are you long time no chat
registrar@eurekacarclub.com.au is the email address to send your details to recieve a plaque
Allan Purvis will get back to you after he gets a new computer
regards
james
jackiechan
Forum Member only

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, 09 March, 2011, 01:24:29 PM »

I have a 74 sports Model, Red, and black with dragon on the bonnet registered  and on the road.
Original VW 1800 engine and gear box.
Apparently the sixth one off the production line, so I was told by someone that maintained, he worked on my car.
Jackie Chan
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: