The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 11:34:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One for sale in NSW on eBay - highly modified!!!!!  (Read 11878 times)
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« on: Thursday, 04 October, 2012, 02:03:40 AM »

Check it out Shocked

Mt Druit NSW.

It's a PL30 with a full targa roof, Simmons wheels, rotary donk .....  Just needs rebuilding ..... oh yeah, and a new nose cone Cry Tongue Huh? Shocked Sad Whistle

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251160852509

PP.

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #1 on: Friday, 05 October, 2012, 04:27:28 PM »

Dear lord! Most certainly a project car. Would still be worth it as the roof looks in good condition, not totally sure if that's a crack in the windscreen though. And those are some great mags, which would also be a good deal along with the roof at this price.

Not sure if that rotor is worth saving. It will need a complete nut & bolt recon itself, and the carbi looks like it's wide open, which will let plenty of water and other crap in. Which in turn is let in by that hugely modified (and not completed) rear deck.

However, if it's bought by someone on here who intends to part out the car, I'd like to call dibs on the rear valance/undersil.   Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, 06 October, 2012, 10:39:24 AM »

Looks like it had a fire on the drivers side where the air vent is (where the missing elephant ear goes).  I love the wheels - V4 Simmons - I had exactly the same set of wheels on my first car.  Does the roof have a removable panel? Looks like a targa that spans the roof. 

"Give a car more power and it will be quicker in a straight line. Make a car lighter and it will be quicker everywhere"

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
Darrenrx3
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, 11 October, 2012, 09:19:06 AM »

Hi Guys
new to the site, i ended up buying this car and its coming over to SA it will be interesting to see what it is like when it arrives , apparently it is a one piece removable roof, the previous owner bought it around 10 years ago as a complete running/registered car and decided to pull it appart and do some modifying . I have been told all parts come with the car to complete . I am going to wait and see what it is like before i decide what to do with it . Can you buy new front panels for them ?
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, 11 October, 2012, 11:25:28 AM »

congratulation Darren  Grin

Great to see another in SA  Shocked

From whence do you hale?

There are many of us in SA  Evil

I'd suggest that there are no new nose panels around the place unless someone has a spare.

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
Darrenrx3
Forum Member only

« Reply #5 on: Friday, 12 October, 2012, 12:35:29 AM »

Cheers, Im up in Meadows (south) . If we cant find a nose panel we will propable end up moulding a new one in the shop , from the pics it looks like there is a piece of plywood attached over the top , possible over the original nosecone , we will soon find out when we start cleaning it up
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #6 on: Friday, 12 October, 2012, 09:41:14 PM »

Welcome aboard!

About the only places I can think of where you can get parts are either from:
http://www.norecasportscar.com/model_moon_ace_gt.html  (pretty different to the eureka, but was based on it)
http://www.sterlingsportscars.com/

O/S Postage hurts though...

"Give a car more power and it will be quicker in a straight line. Make a car lighter and it will be quicker everywhere"

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
Darrenrx3
Forum Member only

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, 13 October, 2012, 01:25:36 AM »

Cheers for the info i will check it out and get some pricing, i have brought stuff over from malasia before so shipping shouldnt be to bad
the phantom mechanic
Forum Member only

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, 13 October, 2012, 08:59:32 AM »

Welcome Darren,   you've joined a good group here. I don't participate in events but the other guys here in SA meet about once a month. Probably the next local event is volksfest in November I think, a good chance to meet the gang. Good luck with the car you bought, looks like a good resto job. The other guys and gals are also a great source of information too. Once again good luck and hope to see you mobile soon. Shane
dasquire
Forum Member only

« Reply #9 on: Friday, 14 December, 2012, 03:23:58 PM »

Hey I just got a Purvis from Ron in Coonabarabran and its coming to Clarendon in good old SA (waiting for it to arrive)
What about this page http://www.sterlingsportscars.com/
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, 15 December, 2012, 12:12:47 PM »

The Sterling is the US version of the Nova, like the Purvis Eureka is the Australian version of the Nova. It's got some pretty cool stuff on there, but you'll certainly pay through the a** for shipping.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Darrenrx3
Forum Member only

« Reply #11 on: Friday, 18 January, 2013, 09:53:31 AM »

The Eureka has finally arrived ( transport company took its time , plus a hard to deal with seller) We spens a couple of hours today removing that dodgey aftermarket front modification , it made the car nearly a foot longer , some people shouldnt touch cars it was constructed from timber, corflue signs, alluminum sheet and pvc pipe (for headlights) then covered in plaster (not body filler) . I was happy that most of the original front was under neath it all so i wont have to order a full front, just new headlight buckets and bonnet .
No we just have to work out how crazy we want to go with it , there are talks of doing a full tube frame chassis with build in roll cage while its down at the shop and the chassis bench is free , we will see how things pan out.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #12 on: Friday, 18 January, 2013, 10:54:26 AM »

I was wondering about this car just the other day. Glad that it finally arrived. And that the front was mostly there under that monstrous addition. I think you can get the bonnets still through the club, but the headlight buckets are another matter. I'm not totally sure, but I think someone on here may have made some molds of the headlight buckets.

We'll need you to start a topic about your car, and of course, the obligatory photos. 
 Wink Cheesy

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Darrenrx3
Forum Member only

« Reply #13 on: Friday, 18 January, 2013, 11:29:59 PM »

Oh i have plenty or interesting pics of someones handy work , im sure they will make there way to my website also, we have been looking at bringing the headlight buckets and a bonnet in from malaysia (moonace) has anyone delt with them before or used there parts ?, i will also be chasing a windscreen as it didnt turn up with one ( it had one in the pics but dont know where it ended up) .
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #14 on: Friday, 18 January, 2013, 11:33:40 PM »

Yep I'm using Noreca's headlight surrounds on my build.  They're good to deal with and their work is quite good too, fitting perfectly without any mods into the eureka body.  Email I found was the best way to deal with them. 

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: