The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 30 March, 2024, 01:41:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold Eureka  (Read 7088 times)
Toxic-Rock
Forum Member only

« on: Friday, 21 September, 2012, 10:34:01 AM »

Hello all,

Can anyone else recall the Gold/ Baby sh@t brown Eureka that was used for rallying? This would be an old photo. I believe that I have that car. Not only did it have the roll bar and emergency air roof lifting tank but we have found stripes under the many coats of old paint. I saw this photo years ago and all the pieces seem to be coming together.

Rock
Roger
Forum Member only

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, 29 September, 2012, 02:16:08 AM »

Hey Rock.
I think the car you're referring to was the rotary powered one campaigned by Harvard Daniels.
Google doesn't turn much up on it unfortunately. If you do a image search for "Harvard Daniels Eureka" there's still one pic of it that comes up in the Google cache from the Hibiscus Motorsport Club site but the image itself appears to have been removed.
He gets a mention in a few forums too. In particular for rolling the Eureka in a rally sprint event.
There's footage of it in action including the rollover on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4wdQGqxVEk (at about 7:15)

Toxic-Rock
Forum Member only

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, 29 September, 2012, 03:05:16 AM »

Cheers Roger,
I will have a good look. It always to get history on these cars.

Regards

Rock
Roger
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, 29 September, 2012, 06:28:42 AM »

Just had another look in Google and can't see any sign of that image I mentioned. Looks like it has gone for good.
Lucky I took a copy of it from my screen earlier this morning  Whistle...

CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, 29 September, 2012, 02:57:25 PM »

Odds are that it's not the one from NZ, but rather it's Australian sister. But I thought that was still owned by the original driver. Last I heard he was working at turning it back into a tarmac rally car. This was a few years ago. I could be wrong.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Toxic-Rock
Forum Member only

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, 30 September, 2012, 05:52:58 AM »

Thanks Roger,

but sadly that's not it. The photo I recall is the mustard/ baby sh@t brown/gold one with big spotties on the front. Can't imagine too many would order this color gel coat. Just curious is all. I thought the forum was too quiet too.  Whistle

Regards

Rock
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, 30 September, 2012, 10:39:37 AM »

hey toxic.
we had one that was gold metal flake gelcoated a while back .it was in real bad shape and had a few coats of paint over the gold.
I will try and find a pic of it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: