The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 30 March, 2024, 12:25:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FIND US ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/groups/purviseureka/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Eureka Sports Windscreens + mould for windscreens  (Read 9468 times)
radekp81
Forum Member only

« on: Wednesday, 08 August, 2012, 09:53:30 AM »

Now this is something that would be worth making sure the club knows where it ends up (the mould for the windscreens that is):

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Purvis-Eureka-Windscreens-New-Mould-/230834666139?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35bed17a9b#ht_500wt_1169

"Give a car more power and it will be quicker in a straight line. Make a car lighter and it will be quicker everywhere"

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
Rat Reek
CLUB Member

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, 08 August, 2012, 12:30:26 PM »

Great spotting just what I was looking for
Bruce Smiley
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, 08 August, 2012, 02:36:09 PM »

How this hasn't surfaced in my regular scan of eBay who knows.

We should try and make sure the club gets a hold of the windscreen mould.

Grin

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Rat Reek
CLUB Member

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, 08 August, 2012, 11:31:36 PM »

Hi Cyco,

I have put a bid in if I successful in winning the items the club can have the mould and one windscreen as I only need One
cheers Bruce
 Evil
Dennis_B
Forum Member only

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, 08 August, 2012, 11:36:30 PM »

DataFarmer:
I saw this as wel and I'm watching it at the moment. Are you located closer to Brisbane than I am in Melbourne?
I really only wanted the Windscreen and Mould (Windscreen for a spare for me, and Mould for Club).

Perhaps we could come to an arrangement rather than bidding against each other Smiley
Rat Reek
CLUB Member

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, 09 August, 2012, 10:12:47 AM »

Yep I am about 2.5 hours away from the site so pick up is easy for me  sounds good  my email is in the contacts on the club register
or ring  0439 863 947

Cheers Bruce
D4
Forum Member only

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, 09 August, 2012, 10:30:06 AM »

Grin     I hope we are not bidding against ourself's mate all S.A bids fromm my-self are cancalled thu's far. let's just say I will be keeping an eye on this product.
Dennis_B
Forum Member only

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, 09 August, 2012, 01:50:00 PM »

Well... It seems fairly obvious that we all have an interest in these items...Smiley
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #8 on: Friday, 10 August, 2012, 01:42:26 PM »

Can I just add that a Sports screen can be had for $284 (and that's landed in SA) by the currnet supplier.
Worth keeping in mind.
I was watching this too, but will refrain from bidding. Don't want or see the need for a bidding war between ourselves with the same end in mind.
I have a screen on order at the moment.
There is some history on these.

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
WYKED1
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, 11 August, 2012, 01:06:50 AM »

Thanks Phil for that info re cost of these screens at todays cost.

With that in mind as has been stated we dont want a bidding war between members  laugh ( except at Bathurst in the auctions ) Grin

Allan only produced approx 60 SPORTS so the screens are not that much of demand.
Orginally this mould was made to produce screens for a member to sell screens to other who had SPORTS,
he needed 10 orders before the windscreen manufacturer would begin to make them so even from the start it was going to be an expensive way off doing it.

So even with the mould today I would guess that the manufacturer would require approx the same numbers of windscreens ordered before they would make them again.
With that in thought they would cost to make $$$ anyones guess until we had the numbers to order
but from memory when this was first done they were more than twice the price of what Phil has put up on the website today.

So please consider that before thinking this is the best option as the club cannot make just one screen at a time for you and we would not make up 10 screens just to have them lying around when they can be purchased for less than $300 today from a windscreen manufacturer.

That being said goodluck to who ever gets them and yes we would love to get the mould from the purchaser if possible for the future use of the members if possible.

Regards

James
Dennis_B
Forum Member only

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, 03 October, 2012, 01:21:54 PM »

Hello Everyone:
I was the winning bidder for these items and Bruce Key has kindly collected them for me to Bring  to Bathurst
Unfortunately due to our House Builder (Post Black Saturday Bushfires) going into Administration/Liquidation today, I'm not going to be able to attend the National Meet.

Personally I wanted a Single Screen, and the Mould just for "safe keeping" for the benefit of everyone in the club in case stock/supply at Moran Glass in Sydney dried up.
I'm happy to "donate" the mould to the club if someone wants to take that item.

If someone from Victoria was heading up and had room for another Windscreen, I'd be greatly appreciated to collect down the track.

Regards
Heath
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #11 on: Friday, 05 October, 2012, 04:30:10 PM »

I thought you got these.

Wink Cheesy

Shame you can't make the meet though.  Embarrassed

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: