The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 07:52:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FIND US ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/groups/purviseureka/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FS (VIC) Custom made wheels, rear disc brake setup, camber compensator  (Read 6405 times)
brendo_83
Forum Member only

« on: Friday, 29 June, 2012, 01:51:03 AM »

As some of you will no doubt be aware I was forced to part with my reek late last year Sad I've still got a few bits and pieces lying around that I need to get rid of.

Custom made Neale wheels that were on it when I bought the car, they have obviously been quite neglected so will need some work to get them looking reasonable again. They are VW 4 stud pattern and fill the guards out nicely. Tires are basically brand new, but are quite old so not sure if they'd actually be any good. From memory they are 15x8 fronts with Goodyear Eagle 235x55x15 and 15x10 rears with BF Goodrich 265x50x15. Missing most of the wheel bolts.

Also have the rear disc brake setup, VW discs and Subaru calipers (So I was told) working fine when removed from the car, pads are almost new, just needs custom length handbrake inner cables to be a complete bolt on kit.

And finally the camber compensator kit for swingaxle box, brand new.

No prices in mind, just make an offer.

I'm in clayton South Vic and can be contacted by phone (0407180908) or email (bajcampbell@hotmail.com)

Cheers,

Brenden
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, 30 June, 2012, 05:38:28 AM »

Hi Brendan,
                   I've liked those wheels since I first saw them years ago. Are they a 2 or 3 piece? They need to be separated to be restored. If not, it's all over for them. Call me and wheel discuss! 

Simon
     0417 997 908

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, 30 June, 2012, 08:49:42 AM »

Hi
 15x10 seems a little small for you from my recall

Andrew

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
bazza
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, 30 June, 2012, 10:59:50 AM »

ill offer 200 for wheels as i really need someting to make car roll
brendo_83
Forum Member only

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, 01 July, 2012, 03:16:10 AM »

Hi all, wheels were picked up this morning...Sorry Simon I missed your post Sad Pretty sure they are 3 piece, new owner is confident they are salvageable. Brakes and camber compensator still available.
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, 03 July, 2012, 12:52:48 AM »

Apologies Simon, I shot off an email as soon as the listing went up, the wheels seemed too good to pass up. They are 3 piece and have lots of surface rust on the inner rims and some surface rust on the outers, damaging the chrome plating, though checking it on site it was just superficial with only light pitting of the surface in areas. I spent 7 hours yesterday with a wire wheel and sandpaper on them and I'm really happy with the way they are coming along. I'll post up a pic of the most progressed wheel soon. Still anther day or two to go on them.

"Give a car more power and it will be quicker in a straight line. Make a car lighter and it will be quicker everywhere"

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, 04 July, 2012, 08:57:22 AM »

No worries Rad and Brendo,
                                         You gotta be quick on this site! It's a shame Neale Wheels don't make this sort of wheel anymore. I rang them recently and they were saying they've never made wheels with a VW stud pattern. Go figure...

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
Rat Reek
CLUB Member

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, 10 July, 2012, 11:20:50 AM »

Hi Brendon,

do you still have the brakes

cheers Bruce
brendo_83
Forum Member only

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, 14 July, 2012, 05:51:49 AM »

Hi Brendon,

do you still have the brakes

cheers Bruce