The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 10:51:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: .
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Anyone Seen These Before ?  (Read 19227 times)
Dennis_B
Forum Member only

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, 16 June, 2012, 02:46:06 PM »

I joined the club because I felt the unique history & nature of the Purvis Eureka was worth preserving.
I pay my dues every year because of the people of the club sharing a common purpose and goal.

I don't feel less special in seeing the images James posted whether 1 person has seen them or 1 million have seen them.
I however totally agree if you post pictures of your car on the site for paid members to look at, and then it's shared.... different story.
(Although I still think when you initially post them you should state clearly in the post "For PECCA Members Only".)

I think these images were different. They are historical significant and transcend just the Members. They show an evolution of the Eureka/Nova/Sterling Design.
They all share a similar DNA, and should be celebrated by all and sundry across all groups because there aren't enough of us to be picky!!!

CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, 16 June, 2012, 03:51:52 PM »

Ok everyone, just chill.

I'll admit it's kinda my fault. I've been on the forums since these new ones started, and for several years on the old forums. Basically since before they decided to restrict access to members only. So I don't think about having extra access, there's basically nothing to remind me. So when James posted that topic, I simply took it to be for everyone. And who wouldn't be interested in a 'reek that was going to be turned into a hovercraft than the Nova mob. I thought it was a logical thing to do.

I had to log out of the forums (which for some reason Firefox wouldn't let me, so I had to fire up the plague ridden Internet Explorer), so I could see what was, and what wasn't viewable for non-members. Which includes the 'General Forums'.

So for posting those photos elsewhere, and uploading them on the Eureka Car Club PhotoBucket account, which I thought was free access, I'm sorry.

I will point out that I included that Rohan was credited on the Nova Forums, and also on the sub-folder in the PhotoBucket account.

I will add that this is the internet. Nothing ever remains locked away, not even in the DARPA network in the US. Information will work its way free. If you don't want other people seeing your data, keep it on a computer not linked to the net. That's the only way to protect data.  

I could go on and say more, but I feel that will only inflame the current situation.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

magooster
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, 17 June, 2012, 02:38:32 AM »

Hi Dennis B
 you use the words  (should be- and there aren't enough of us to be picky).
 Isn't that why we have a committee (to decide what's best for the club).
 If we keep things for the club members only won't that encourage new members to join
 and without sounding like a James Bond movie I dont want to lable my things (For Your Eyes Only) ?
WYKED1
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, 17 June, 2012, 03:52:17 AM »

Ok Guy's

like Richard say's let's chill.
First thing thankyou Richard for removing these pic's until this is sorted out.
Unfortunately these pic's are not mine and with that present's a problem of how far the gentleman is willing to let everyone see them.
He sent them to me as President of this club and I asked him if I could post them on our club web site with his permission and this was done.
My mistake like perhaps Dennis stated is I did not inform anyone they were not to proceed and post them on other site's etc.
With that being said though when anything is posted on our web site I believe that does not entitle anyone including myself to copy, move or alter these posts unless like I stated before they breach our parameters of what is acceptable to our member's and that is on our web page when joining or we have the permission from the posting member to do so for the benefit of the member's.

So with that I now am aware that if I post anything I will make sure it is simply under stood before it gets to this stage.

Believe me if I need computer help from all you genius I will be asking for it as I have in the past and also into the future.

Richard or Dennis the said gentleman has sent me another drawing that is too big to put on the way I have put the other pic's up is it ok to email it to one of you to shrink it so it too can be viewed by the members.
Richard I will also talk to this gentleman and see what we can arrange so you can post them for everyone as Dennis pointed out they are truly historical

Thankyou to Richard, Dennis and Ken for your input it has been a learning curve for all.

regards

James

CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, 17 June, 2012, 06:33:03 AM »

Well said James.

You can send that large file to me, I can resize pictures on my computer no problem.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

WYKED1
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, 17 June, 2012, 09:49:31 AM »

It's on it's way Richard
thanks in advance for the as you call it resizing
is that like putting it on a diet
regards
james
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #21 on: Monday, 18 June, 2012, 03:27:02 AM »

Here's the image James sent me. All I needed to do was resave it from a .tiff file to a .jpg file. .tiff files are a high resolution format, so the file is a larger image when it comes to storage. It was a 1.2mg .tiff file, and now it's a 157kb .jpg file.

But it's an amazing drawing. That's for sure!

Grin

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

WYKED1
« Reply #22 on: Monday, 18 June, 2012, 06:20:00 AM »

Richard.

Thanks for shrinking that so we view it.

regards

James

midmount
CLUB Member

« Reply #23 on: Friday, 06 July, 2012, 10:02:29 AM »

Blast From The Past.   Who? Where? When?
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #24 on: Friday, 06 July, 2012, 01:34:32 PM »

That'd be right,

Why was it always the good looking chicks hanging off the ugly blokes Afro and never me? Huh? Embarrassed

bleat bleat ......

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
midmount
CLUB Member

« Reply #25 on: Saturday, 07 July, 2012, 01:39:38 AM »

Cannt understand that Paul. The Eureka has always worked for me!
  Maybe its just a NSW thing. Although, i snaged a mexican for a Wife.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: