The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 06:18:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Anyone Seen These Before ?  (Read 19238 times)
WYKED1
« on: Friday, 15 June, 2012, 12:17:35 PM »

G/Day Everyone.

I just received this email from a Gentleman who thought we might be interested in some pic's and drawings that he has had since about 1993/1994
I have attached his email for you to read and we owe him a great deal of thanks for bringing these to our attention.
For the record all credits for these belong to Rohan.
I will post pics one at a time just to keep it simple for me to do Ha Ha

hi James,

I rented one of the factory units at 26 Stephen Rd Dandenong.
Eureka was at 23 Stephen Rd.

I'm an automotive illustrator and did a few jobs for the guy who took over the place from Colleen Long for a while before he disappeared and a notice appeared on the door saying he wasn't authorized to sell franchises.
His goal was to use Eurekas as rental cars in holiday destinations like the Gold Coast.

He was trying other stuff too like installing T tops in cars that hadn't had them previously.  He seemed to do at least one Subaru engine conversion.

Jobs he asked me to do were a cutaway drawing of a Eureka with a Subaru engine, a revised front end look and this hovercraft pic.

I'm not sure that I still have copies of the other drawings or not, but as we're moving and rebuilding a lot is deep in storage right now.

regards Rohan
ps. this is some time in 93/94
WYKED1
« Reply #1 on: Friday, 15 June, 2012, 12:19:12 PM »

And Another pic
WYKED1
« Reply #2 on: Friday, 15 June, 2012, 12:20:22 PM »

And Another
Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« Reply #3 on: Friday, 15 June, 2012, 12:30:55 PM »

Wow

Where is the owner located

Andrew

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
Dennis_B
Forum Member only

« Reply #4 on: Friday, 15 June, 2012, 12:43:58 PM »

Obviously Cinema Props for Back to the Future IV.. Replacing the Delorean Smiley
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #5 on: Friday, 15 June, 2012, 02:05:47 PM »

Oh wow. Um, wow.

I mean, damn. Wow.

That's freaking awesome. Any more photos or info? Or at least bigger photos??

In short, no I never knew these photos existed.

Shocked

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #6 on: Friday, 15 June, 2012, 04:02:36 PM »

You know, I wonder if this is where the rumor of a Eureka topped boat came from locally.  Hmm.  

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #7 on: Friday, 15 June, 2012, 09:54:45 PM »

we had that bonnet with the scoop. it's now down at Simon's where he is finishing the car for the lady who got the car of us.
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #8 on: Friday, 15 June, 2012, 10:09:29 PM »

Far out man!
                    Where the hell is the "winged wonder" now? I want it!

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
WYKED1
« Reply #9 on: Friday, 15 June, 2012, 11:27:52 PM »

Richard.

Wish you had asked before putting these pics up on any other site
He has given me permission to put here on our site with credit's
you had better remove them from Nova site and if photo bucket is seen by everyone remove them from there also
james
Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« Reply #10 on: Friday, 15 June, 2012, 11:52:48 PM »

Hi

Simon you only can have the winged wonder if i can take a mold off it

Andrew

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, 16 June, 2012, 02:32:30 AM »

Richard.

Wish you had asked before putting these pics up on any other site
He has given me permission to put here on our site with credit's
you had better remove them from Nova site and if photo bucket is seen by everyone remove them from there also
james

Will do James. Mind you, if the bots (googlebot, yahoobot, etc) have been through here since you posted the photos up in the first place, the photos have already propagated through the net. Don't forget we get visitors from around the world, not just Oz or the UK. This forum is read by more than 50 people. If you don't want them anywhere else on the net, I suggest we nerf this entire discussion.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

WYKED1
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, 16 June, 2012, 08:39:55 AM »

If I wanted the pics on another web site or even on our photobucket I would have put them there for all to see but I placed them on the club member only access area for a reason and that's were they should have stayed without any one interfering with them without permission.
When someone posts anything unless its not within club acceptable parameters it should be left alone unless we have permission from the author to do such which we might like to do so with their information.
In this case I have had contact from said person to put them here at this present time so unless this changes this is where they will stay.
So if you had not jumped the gun and put them somewhere they should not have been in the first place we would not have to as you state "nerf this entire discussion" and deprive our members of seeing these very rare pics

regards
James
Dennis_B
Forum Member only

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, 16 June, 2012, 11:49:51 AM »

James:
To be fair to Richard at no stage in your initial post was it stated that the pictures were for "PECCA Member Use Viewing Only".
I can also understand that you may have felt that uploading to the "General Discussion" Section with is only Member Viewable might have indicated it was meant for private usage only, but it certainly was never explicitly stated.
I myself didn't even realise that the "General Discussions" Forum was Members Only.
I can understand perfectly why he uploaded them elsewhere for others to see on the Nova Forum etc because they were very unique & interesting.
Even now after re-reading your initial post it makes no reference to keeping the pictures private, either from yourself or the original source.

Although I can't be one to guess or assume peoples state of mind, but surely some 15-20 year old pictures of Eureka's in various states of "extended development" aren't a piece with national security implications and "Top Secret" Level Clearances.
I would have done exactly the same thing Richard had done if I was so inclined at the time.

Regards
Heath

magooster
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, 16 June, 2012, 12:39:42 PM »

Hi all
 I joined this club because I thought all these cars are special and the club has a lot to offer.                                                                                                                                                                                                        If things are put on this site for members only and then whoever/whenever comes along and decides they want to show the world those things -
 what the hell am I paying memmbership for and when does the feeling special happen if it has been shared with so many others ?
If I put pics up of my car on the forum for paid memmbers to look at, I will be pissed if some one from any where in the world can have a free gawk at them.
 If I rememmber isn't that where the club came from (a free website).
 I thought we had progressed from that or have we already gone full circle like some people of that time
 wanted anyway.
 Just my ($40.00 which I paid last wk) worth.
 Magooster

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: