The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 12:41:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just a teaser  (Read 5784 times)
robertocarlos
Forum Member only

« on: Sunday, 20 May, 2012, 08:13:46 AM »

Hi all,

So I'm two and a half years into the project and can slowly see the light.  Hopefully it will be done by the end of the year.  In the mean time here are a few photos of the progress. 

CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, 20 May, 2012, 10:19:02 AM »

I'm liking your mods!!

What's that dash from? it's definitely if it's one I was thinking about myself. What have you done to the rear end, is it just a drop of a few inches for the rear undersill, or some other work as well. And you're one of the few people brave enough to cut into the rear of the main tub for fitment of the rear tail lights. And I also like the rear deck lid. Echos of a Fezza 308 and also a Toyota MR2. What donk is nestled in the engine bay?

Keep us posted, it's looking great so far. 

Afro

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, 20 May, 2012, 10:32:29 PM »

Yeah,
           That's good work Roberto. Nice dash install. I hope it hasn't pushed into the passenger side too much. The facia is blank which leads me to thinking there's digital instruments under there. Good stuff. Love your high exhaust outlets. Love the idea of pushing the entire rear undersil down 50mm, that's sheer genius. It's fattened up the ass without destroying the factory lines. I finally have an idea of what to do with my own rear end.

The engines a Subi Cyc-baby, looks like an EJ20 turbo. I've just whacked one in Jeni's reek. The fuel tank looks like an upright install and is in there tight. How many litres? And what colour will it be when it's all finished? Once again, good work!

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
robertocarlos
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, 20 May, 2012, 11:48:03 PM »

The dash is from the liberty half cut i used.  Yeah the rear has just been dropped a couple of inches to hide the bottom of the twin turbo subaru engine.  I'm very happy with the positioning of the rear lights and when they are installed (which they have been) look pretty awesome. 

The passengers side might be a little tight but at the end of the day all they have to do is sit there and look pretty (all the good looking girls that is hahah).  The facia is blank only because no power has been applied.  Everything has been wired up to be stock (including fuel gauge).  The fuel tank is in there pretty tight.  It's a rectangular box with a small lowered section to act as a 'surge tank' that can hold over 40L.  No pictures of the front yet as I'm saving it for the finished product. 

At this stage I have taken the car for a little drive.  Wheels arent aligned properly yet so I get a bit of a wobble but man does it sound good and pull. 
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #4 on: Monday, 21 May, 2012, 01:33:50 AM »

I recognized the engine as a Scooby, but not what one. I've had a similar idea for the rear end on mine. But I was thinking of a few other mods to the rear panel as well. You think you might have it ready by October??

Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: