The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 30 March, 2024, 12:32:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: dash  (Read 7378 times)
Jeff s
Forum Member only

« on: Sunday, 13 May, 2012, 04:08:13 PM »

just wondering what people do  for there dash board underneath  do u leave it open  for easy access to get to fuses and so on or do close it off ..?  im afraid that im going to hop into the car and rip the wires out with my feet with the wire below the dash  Ive cable tied them together and tucked away as much as possible i was thinking something like a kick board
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, 13 May, 2012, 11:22:29 PM »

Hi Jeff,
              I've been thinking about your reek's issues. Most of your wiring problems come from where the fuse box is placed. Un-screw it and tuck it over the inside of your centre console panel. This should stop you from taking it out when your jumping in.

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
Morris
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Monday, 14 May, 2012, 12:05:32 AM »

G Day Jeff
 I used a sheet of plastic cardboard , the stuff that a lot od For Sale signs are made from to make a panel that clips out easily. A clamp on the steering column holds up the front end and the rear end sits on the rolled lip at the bottom of the dash face.
  Good Luck  Morris.
Jeff s
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Monday, 14 May, 2012, 10:51:56 AM »

i wonder if i can move it up higher under the  dash and i think its time to go on a midnight prowl for a for sale sign too thats a good idea Tongue oh and simon the break lights are stuck on now i duno why.. even when u push the breaks doesnt make a diffrence
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #4 on: Monday, 14 May, 2012, 11:13:57 PM »

Time for daddy to visit again mate...

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
Jeff s
Forum Member only

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, 15 May, 2012, 06:34:57 AM »

hehe its no biggie atm  but yes u are the father to my electrics cause  me dont touch electrics have enuff problems screwing in a light bulb without getting zapped.. buts another story
midmount
CLUB Member

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, 15 May, 2012, 10:52:28 AM »

Hi jeff.         some bugs had dual brake light switchs.If only one is used, the other wires some times touch together
bringing on the lights. midmount
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, 15 May, 2012, 03:02:51 PM »

Don't quote me on it, but from memory, if the brake light switch was on when it died (ie, when you hit the brakes), the brake lights will remain on.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: