The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 10:38:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FIND US ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/groups/purviseureka/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanted Dash  (Read 7600 times)
Qldsports
Forum Member only

« on: Monday, 16 April, 2012, 10:17:49 AM »

Hey Guys I am after a dash, either for a sport or pl30. I am in Qld am willing to do a drive to get one or freight, if anyone can help it would be greatly appretiated.
Cheers Rod

Always a work in progress
barsted
CLUB Member

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, 19 April, 2012, 01:05:18 PM »

G'day Rod.

I have a mould for a dash with centre console to suit an F4. I am not sure if the PL30 dash is the same.

If you have been to an AGM in the last few years you may have seen my F4, bright red with a white GT stripe. The dash in my car was used to make the mould. I made one for Peter in Echuca last year and, if an F4 dash will fit, I can lay one up for $450 in either gelcoat or plain glas,s if it is to be covered. If you want, I can make it without the centre console section. I do have photos of a new dash if you would like to see but they are too many kb to upload so I need to get my son to reduce one for me. Let me know if you want to see it.   

I am near Sydney if you want to collect. Transport by freight would require making a crate which would be a bit extra. 

Ted Smith
barsted
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Monday, 23 April, 2012, 09:00:09 AM »

Can anyone clarify whether an F4 dash will fit the Sports body? What instrument pod(s) can be fitted? Will the Sports pods fit the dash and still clear the windscreen?

Ted
Morris
CLUB Member

« Reply #3 on: Monday, 23 April, 2012, 11:29:03 AM »

G Day Ted
 This may help you. I measured across my sports body ( not easy with dash and pods in the way) so I hope you can follow this. I placed a straight edge across the car on top of the dash pods to give me a line between the roof location holes in the body. Using a square and rule I got a figure of 1205 mm across the inside of the body at the top edge of the body. Things I have no answer for - the difference in the angle ( close to vertical) of the side of the two bodys - the difference in amount of tapper of the bodys at the dash mount area - the clearance between sports dash pods and windscreen (I have an F4 roof)
  If can see though mud you will be able to understand this -- good luck.
  It is a lot easier to talk than type, ring me if I can help 0407 301829.
  regards Morris
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #4 on: Monday, 23 April, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »

Hi Ted,

Have a look at my car:

http://eurekacarclub.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,958.msg7338/topicseen.html#msg7338

I'm still a little unsure exactly what model it is, but I'm quite sure the canopy's sports, and the dash is F4 so hopefully that will help answer your question.

Cheers,
Radek.

"Give a car more power and it will be quicker in a straight line. Make a car lighter and it will be quicker everywhere"

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, 24 April, 2012, 04:22:36 AM »

G'day Ted,

As far as I'm aware the only problem you'll encounter putting an F4 dash into a PL30 or Sports body is the height of the centre console because the F4 body has higher body sides than the PL30 meaning that the dash board is further away from the floor of the car.  Not a hard one to fix though.

Radek, your car is a Sports with a pl30 dash/console.

The Sports and the PL30 body tub came from the same mold.  The F4 is a considerably different animal.

And I'm sure Allan or Shane will correct me if I'm wrong.... police Whistle Afro

PP.

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, 24 April, 2012, 05:18:35 AM »

Cool, thanks for the clarification/correction Paul. 

So visually is the PL30 and F4 dash similar (in terms of styling)?  I was basing my assumption on the "Model Identification" page of the website - the image for the F4 interior seemed to line up.

Thanks,
Radek.

"Give a car more power and it will be quicker in a straight line. Make a car lighter and it will be quicker everywhere"

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, 24 April, 2012, 11:45:39 AM »

No wuckers Radek,

Yep, the PL30 and the F4 dashboard/console and instrument pods are pretty much identical except for the height above the floorpan bit that I mentioned before.  Smiley

OK, I just tried my "spare" Sports instrument pod on Dweeby's F4 dash but there's not enough room left beside it's own instrument pod to sit it on there so it was a waste of time but by the looks of things, the top of the Sports pod would finish up lower than the PL30 dash pod I reckon.

PP.

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, 24 April, 2012, 02:44:03 PM »

My Sports (read PL30 with Sports Roof) has a PL30/F4 Dash, however, The centre Console is removed and the instrument pod is made up, (only because I could not get one)

I'd say just drop the canopy down (with the dash & pods inside) and find the best hight to mount the dash that way.

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: