The Purvis Eureka Forum
Thursday, 25 April, 2024, 10:09:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FIND US ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/groups/purviseureka/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gone 'novaboard'?  (Read 7790 times)
CyCo
CLUB Member

« on: Sunday, 15 April, 2012, 11:58:59 PM »

Here's a Nova that popped up on the Euro Nova forums. At the moment, we don't know if it belongs to someone on the forum, but it popped up at one of the members local car shows.

Not sure about all that aluminium! And what about that Continental kit? Apparently that's functional. But check out that interior. That dash is amazing.

A lot of work has gone into this car, that's for sure.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #1 on: Monday, 16 April, 2012, 12:16:45 AM »

Interesting 3-piece glass side windows and 2 sets or rear view mirrors must look a bit busy when the canopy's down.  Love bits of the interior - they even went that extra step and upholstered the canopy.

"Give a car more power and it will be quicker in a straight line. Make a car lighter and it will be quicker everywhere"

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Monday, 16 April, 2012, 03:44:01 AM »

Yeah, that upholstery is really an eye opener. Lots of it and well done by the looks of it. Also note the extruded rubber around the opening of the canopy, especially the thick roll right at the front. I bet that's why he also has those monstrous aluminium lugs to hold the roof down as well as the hydrolics. Which are also a modified item.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Morris
CLUB Member

« Reply #3 on: Monday, 16 April, 2012, 04:09:38 AM »

I do agree - fantastic workmanship but not my style. Did you all check out the fellow at top right of first photo.
Cyco is there somthing your not telling us about where you have been?
  Morris
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #4 on: Monday, 16 April, 2012, 05:17:57 AM »

Get real guys,
                        And pass the bucket! This guys' wrecked the entire ass end of his Nova by putting a ridiculous spare wheel carrier there and minimised his access to the engine bay. As for the interior, yes he's got some radical ideas but they haven't been finished correctly.

I like his contoured lower facia panel but check where the upper part of the dash is separating from the lower part at centre right in the third pic. And you'd think they would've learned to stick their seals to the roof by now rather than the body. And what the hell is that side pod? A pull out barby plate?

The best part on this car is his body coloured Hurricanes. I like some of the metalwork but most of it is un-necessary and will be a pain to maintain.

Oh no. I need the bucket again...

Simon

P.S.  That IS you in Pic 1 isn't it Cyc-baby?

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #5 on: Monday, 16 April, 2012, 05:47:22 AM »

Like Morris said, he's done a fair stack of work to get it where it is now and although it's not my cup of tea either, a Nova like a Reek is a "car for the individual" so he abviously loves it and good on him/her. Smiley

I must commend him on his effort at the lovely leathergrain look red just like Dweeby although the Dweebster has had the Aussie sun cooking it for nearly 10 years Evil rather than the meek and mild Pommie sun Undecided so he's got a bit to go yet before he catches up with my trend setting paintwork!  Grin Grin Afro

PP.

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« Reply #6 on: Monday, 16 April, 2012, 10:39:48 AM »

Hi

Not my style
Pass the tool box too much weight

Andrew

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #7 on: Monday, 16 April, 2012, 10:58:21 AM »

At least it's on the road, apparently there are few on the roads over there. We have more Eureka's on the road they have Novas.

And no, that's not me in the first photo. I didn't even see him. Never been to PommyLand.

Cheesy

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: