The Purvis Eureka Forum
Sunday, 21 April, 2024, 02:30:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: .
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB: Eureka  (Read 9227 times)
Phantom_eureka
Forum Member only

« on: Friday, 09 March, 2012, 11:02:20 AM »

hey guys, in NSW here i'm looking to buy another reek. Hopefully something that doesn't need several grand spent on it mechanically, paint i'm not too worried about. Currently have about $7000 to play with but may be able to stretch it for the right car, i'm currently regretting selling my old reek  Cry

My names Nem, so text me on 0405691220
the phantom mechanic
Forum Member only

« Reply #1 on: Friday, 09 March, 2012, 12:49:50 PM »

Hey fellow phantom,
No car..... Does that make you the ghost who walks?
Check the last 4 posts, I think they are all still available. Two on carsales.com.au (Vic and wa), mako (wa) and dodgy (sa) and the eBay one (NSW). Happy hunting 
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #2 on: Friday, 09 March, 2012, 01:19:18 PM »

G'day gang,

Well that makes 11 Reeks that I currently know of for sale around the country; laugh police

1 - Fred's yellow VW powered Mako in WA Cheesy
2 - The red, 13B, F4 on CarSales in WA
3 - The black, flamed, hot VW F4 on eBay in NSW
4 - The red, targa top, Sports with no engine on eBay in NSW
5 - Dodgy's yellow, VW powered, Targa top, air conditioned Cool F4 in SA Afro
6 - Fred and Adrian's T-top, Subaru, Neon blue Tom Sjolund built F4 in Vic angel
7 - Greg's original, red, 13B, F4 in Vic Grin
8 - Morris's blue, 13B, F4 roofed-Sports HornBag Evil in Vic Afro
9 - The burgundy, T-top F4 with new 12A on CarSales in Vic
10 - The black, 12A F4 with popup headlights in my driveway Cool Tongue Cry
11 - The black, engineless, incomplete Sports also in my driveway Cool Cool Cry Cry

So it's a buyers market out there if you've got the kanga to spend.

Go get 'em all you wanna be owners.

PP.

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
ireek
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, 10 March, 2012, 12:07:34 PM »

Hi goat,
Didn't see your 2 for sale anywhere.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, 10 March, 2012, 12:19:18 PM »

I didn't know there were that many up for grabs at the moment!!

As for the Goats, I'm guessing they're a silent sale. You know, if someone asked, they're for sale. if no one asks, well, he'll just keep them a bit longer. 

Tongue

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, 10 March, 2012, 02:10:53 PM »

Yes, 11 for sale at once.  Quite a precedent I reckon.

As for my 2, a silent sale?  No.

When I bought the yellow Sports, part of the deal with the boss was that I would sell the 2 black ones so I'm coming to grips with the fact that it's probably time to make good on my promise Cry Angry Huh? Tongue Embarrassed Cry

The F4 is still waiting for Ron to finish your roof Cyco so it can have it's roof back and Ron's car will have the T-top that I came across a while ago and the black Sports will have Morris's blue roof with it's glass sunroof which is currently keeping the rain out of the F4.  So the 3 car roof swap that Morris, Ron and I did a few years back will be swapping around some more. Roll Eyes

So no, you haven't missed anything Anthony, I've just been rather quiet about it! Whistle

Stay tuned folks.......

PP.
The Lifer

CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, 11 March, 2012, 03:27:49 AM »

Yes, 11 for sale at once.  Quite a precedent I reckon.

As for my 2, a silent sale?  No.

When I bought the yellow Sports, part of the deal with the boss was that I would sell the 2 black ones so I'm coming to grips with the fact that it's probably time to make good on my promise Cry Angry Huh? Tongue Embarrassed Cry

Ah, fair enough.

The F4 is still waiting for Ron to finish your roof Cyco so it can have it's roof back and Ron's car will have the T-top that I came across a while ago and the black Sports will have Morris's blue roof with it's glass sunroof which is currently keeping the rain out of the F4.  So the 3 car roof swap that Morris, Ron and I did a few years back will be swapping around some more. Roll Eyes

Ah yeas, the roof swapping. Maybe we should lean on Ron, and get my roof done, sounds like it's holding everything up!  lol

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Morris
CLUB Member

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, 13 March, 2012, 07:39:58 AM »

Yes now that it has been mentioned the Blue Reeka is for sale. Sadly and for a number of reasons I have finally decided that it has to go.
As Paul said it has a 13B motor, is properly set up to run cool. Has a 65 lt fuel tank ,rear discs, ducted cool air engine air intake, quick release rear undersill and a few other extras. Tyers 275/60 15 rear  225/50 15 front. Victorian rego history.The paint is a bit shabby if you look close.  Asking $ 17,000 with Victorian road worthy. I have no idea what is needed for other states. If interested or know anyone who is please Ph. 0407 301829 
fast ed-05
Forum Member only

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, 14 March, 2012, 09:46:03 AM »

And 1 more for sale makes 12. Shocked I did not wont to sell mine, but my boss is running out of work and put me off for a bit. So seeing how the bills don't stop coming in, family bills come  before hobbies.
grantsmells
Forum Member only

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, 27 March, 2012, 05:50:56 PM »

has anyone got anymore info on numbers 6, 7 and 10 from that nifty little list?
grant.
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, 28 March, 2012, 04:50:19 AM »

G'day Grant,

A MAKO is a knock-off of a Eureka PL30 which I have been lead to believe were built in WA.  They use a flat glass windscreen and have an external lip used to join the front undersill to the body which can be seen quite clearly in the photo I posted.  I've been told there were only about half a dozen of them made.

Info and a link to some photos of number 6, Fred and Adrian's Subaru EA82 powered F4 can be found here;
http://eurekacarclub.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,549.0.html

Here's a few quick snaps of number 7, Greg's 13B powered F4;

And here's a pick of number 10, my black F4 (taken several years ago);

Oh and here's a snap of number 8, Morris's hornbag in action just for good measure;

Enjoy Grin Afro

PP.

grantsmells
Forum Member only

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, 28 March, 2012, 05:38:20 PM »

thanks! where is your black one? and what are you asking for it?
i've been waiting for one to pop up on the gold coast or nearby for ages, but no luck...
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, 29 March, 2012, 12:20:34 AM »

The black one(s) and I are in Drouin, Victoria Grant.  Sorry for leaving that bit out! Whistle

I haven't put a price out there yet because although the car is at my place in Victoria, it's roof is currently on Cyco's Reek in NSW while Ron is fixing Cyco's roof elsewhere in NSW so I actually don't have the complete Reek available to offer right now sorry.  Undecided

I checked the floorpan on the weekend and unfortunately the passengers side now has some rust in there bugger it. Angry  Nothing that can't be repaired easily enough though.

Stay tuned,

PP.

redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #13 on: Friday, 30 March, 2012, 10:51:57 AM »

I'v had a drive of #7 at Ballarat and it went like a rocket. I was blown away with the pick up it had.
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #14 on: Friday, 30 March, 2012, 10:53:56 AM »

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Purvis-Eureka-/330704532258?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item4cff86b322
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: