The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 04 May, 2024, 08:40:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My F4  (Read 145229 times)
CyCo

« Reply #165 on: Saturday, 14 April, 2012, 07:41:34 AM »

Almost the same as the one I bought, though mine has an alloy side plate and the 3.88 ratio.

When I first decided on a Rancho 'box, and I looked around Oz for someone selling them, Classic Vee Dub, had them listed as coming soon on their site. For over half a year. When I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy one, I rang him and he said they had decided not to get them in because of the difficulty of setting up the dealership deal. Or something like that. Must have changed their minds.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #166 on: Saturday, 14 April, 2012, 07:52:23 AM »

...and if you didn't buy one then Classic Vee Dub still wouldn't be stocking it - Murphys law.  ...So the rest of us have you to thank really.

"Give a car more power and it will be quicker in a straight line. Make a car lighter and it will be quicker everywhere"

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
CyCo

« Reply #167 on: Saturday, 14 April, 2012, 11:34:32 AM »

Good point. I might be out of pocket $600, but I guess if it helps someone else in the club get one, then it's all good.

Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Dennis_B
Forum Member only

« Reply #168 on: Saturday, 14 April, 2012, 02:12:44 PM »

Cyco:
I'll spot you $600 worth of beers at the next National Meet if I get a Rancho from Classic Vee Dub Smiley
Only qualification is you must drink all the beer offered Smiley
CyCo

« Reply #169 on: Sunday, 15 April, 2012, 12:37:37 PM »

lol

It would take me all year to drink that much beer.

Cheesy

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

CyCo

« Reply #170 on: Sunday, 20 May, 2012, 10:31:47 AM »

Well, I got my new axles this week on thursday. Why did it take so long? Looks like the fellows there didn't note down my phone call that I had transferred the funds. It then took over 3 weeks of ringing to get a hold of someone. Turned out the axles had been packed and put aside, and they were waiting for me to ring them. I did. And I rang multiple times over the intervening 3 weeks. I rang on monday 40 times, and never got through, would get an engaged tone, or it went through to a fax.

Anyway, I now have two new axles.

Smiley 

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« Reply #171 on: Monday, 21 May, 2012, 07:04:17 AM »

Hi

I will have to ring and see if my ones are in

Andrew

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
CyCo

« Reply #172 on: Monday, 21 May, 2012, 09:51:15 AM »

Might be an idea, if you can get through.  lol

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« Reply #173 on: Monday, 21 May, 2012, 11:15:49 AM »

Hi

I did not phrase my post correctly it should have said
Drive up yell look through every thing steal a drink from the fridge the ask where's my s##tšŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜”

Andrew

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
CyCo

« Reply #174 on: Thursday, 25 October, 2012, 02:46:15 PM »

Small but significant update.

She passed rego today. Had to get a new tie rod end fitted, but other than that, she passed.

Grin

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #175 on: Friday, 26 October, 2012, 09:16:39 AM »

COOL !!!!!!
CyCo

« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, 04 June, 2013, 02:39:45 PM »

Haven't said much about my car for a while, other than that other discussion about the sticky lifters. I still haven't done the 500klm since I put the 'lifter free' additive in the car. lol Took her for a run today, and was planing on keeping her out there for a while, but she had other ideas. Maybe because the weather is starting to turn cold, and she wanted to return to her warm garage. lol Anyway, not long out and I was driving along a back/loop road, and all of a sudden, I loose power. Foot still on the loud pedal, but going nowhere slow. As I was heading down hill, I figured I'd keep going. At least I didn't have any traffic behind me at the time. In the end I pulled over due to a car approaching from behind, and the hill was leveling out a bit, enough to stop me. Got out of the car, and blipped the throttle from inside the engine bay. Not much at first, and was thinking maybe the accelerator was catching/binding on the tube/pipe it passes through. Then as I blipped it again, it roared into life. I hopped back in and made tracks for home. Until I got to the bottom of the hill, and it happened again. This time I pumped the loud pedal again, and a few minutes later I was driving back home. Made it back too, without having to get a tow truck. I'm just hoping it was a bit clagged up, and will put some injector cleaner in it next time I fill up.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

CyCo

« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, 05 June, 2013, 10:45:23 AM »

Oh yeah, also when I got home, the handbrake 'broke', the button popped out and the pawl wasn't in the right orientation. So I had to fix it, at least it only took about 30 minutes. lol

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

CyCo

« Reply #178 on: Sunday, 08 September, 2013, 03:58:11 PM »

Ok, so Iv'e just updated the topic about the motor noise, but in brief, it wasn't a sticky lifter I had, it was a dodgy fuel pump. It makes a really loud 'tapping' noise, and it's not far from the engine/lifter I thought was sticking. Also hopefully the cause of my loss of power. It's at a mechanics now, hopefully I can pick it up next week.

I had the last two days off work this week due to a upper respiratory tract infection (huzzah! NOT!), and haven't been able to concentrate on one thing for long. So I finished something I started a little while ago for the car;

Basically, I had a leak in the roof of the garage, and it leaked on my new cv/axles. Sad Had a little rust on one of the axle shafts when I noticed it. So it got a bit of a clean, rust converter, then needed paint. When and bought some engine enamel, painted the axle shafts a gloss black, then realised the gearbox arrived with a flat black, and wasn't a great coat either. So, the gearbox got a lick of paint. At least it will be hiding under the car, so it won't show up the paintwork on the body.  lol

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

barsted
CLUB Member

« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, 08 October, 2013, 02:53:48 PM »

Nice clean looking g/box, Cyco, but I think that green sump extension is going to destroy your ground clearance!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: